Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kraków

Two weeks ago, we took a little trip to Kraków. The last time we were there was….before the kids were born. We were definitely overdue for a visit. The kids were interested in 2 things only – the castle (Wawel) and the dragon (smok Wawelski). Lucky for us, the armory in Wawel is free on Mondays and the dragon’s den costs only 3 zl per adult – kids go free.

Wawel

2011 138

2011 139

 2011 140

2011 116Lizzie noticed this door and commented that it doesn’t look very “castley”.

  coming out of the dragon’s den2011 149

waiting for the fire…2011 155 2011 157 2011 158

the fire!

4 comments:

Lois B said...

You got a great shot of the fire! Much better than the ones I took. :)

Robin said...

Krakow is my home city and my elementary school was at the bottom of the Wawel Hill. When I visit Poland I can spend entire day just walking the old streets. Very nice pictures! I am sure your kids enjoyed Krakow very much.

Lois B said...

. . . and Lizzie is totally right about the door!

Chris said...

Lois - My first shots were from the other direction and didn't turn out against the sky background. Lizzie was up there quite awhile and didn't want to come down.

Robin - The kids had a lot of fun and were very proud to sleep in a hotel ;)