Monday, April 25, 2011

E.T. vs Czterej pancerni i pies

What says Easter more than a good re-showing of E.T.? Our kids are enjoying Easter Monday chilling out, playing play-dough and watching E.T.



Misiu who is watching too, admires the naiveté of the story – that a teen, a kid and a kindergartener can outsmart the government authorities and help E.T. get home. Why not? Didn’t Gajos, his crew and his dog Szarik (which I always thought was Szalik ‘cause he’s wearing a scarf) from the TV show Czterej pancerni i pies outsmart the whole German army AND the whole Russian army. That’s 4 tanks plus a dog and some token female character vs the Nazi’s and the Russians.


Totally believable, right?

4 comments:

kasia.eire said...

Czterej pancerni i pies represents everything we would like to believe in as far as this war and the russian case is concerned. It was much easier for me as a child than Katyn. Even knowing all the horible stories about war, we still watch it and love it. All the best, it's still Easter, for a few more hours anyway - so Happy Easter!

Chris said...

Happy Easter to you too. Now we in Poland are getting geared up for the "long weekend". Mmmm, two holiday weekends in a row. Raj!

Kasia said...

A very delayed comment. I loved Czterej Pancerni i Pies and I did not like ET (I just don't like anything sci-fi or close to it).
My son got interested in the army stuff last year. I got very excited and I was ready to order "czterej pancerni" dvds for him but several of my friends told me that a black and white movie from the 60s would not be very appealing to him at all(: I did not buy it...

b. said...

how true :)))))